View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 14:02   #9
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I think it's relative to what side of the fence you're on. I take it you're not sick or disabled. It's like when you have a relationship breakdown, you notice that every song on the radio is all you and the breakup so to speak. So to me when I read that article it's like 'at last' something positive (spoken up for) to the plight of the sick and disabled instead of all the vilifications of late. But I'm sure you probably won't agree with that either.

I see you do have a lot so say about benefits yet it really doesn't affect you, of course you are well entitled to your opinion but because myself being on the other side of the fence I obviously see things slightly differently, because it matters more so.

I'm sure you read what BBC says and watch their programs like saints and sinners highlighting all the scroungers that are claiming benefits that are better off than you and that you have formed your opinion based on something that doesn't affect you as a whole. I'm sure no matter what they now say in the media it will not sway you to see what it is really like to a lot of people, and it's that kind of ignorance those that are hit have to put up with and fight.

Well done the Guardian for that article.
Your ignorance is astounding .How you can say it doesn't affect me beggars belief .No i am not disabled or in receipt of any benefits and no i don't watch (as a rule) any of the programs you mentioned ,i don't need to ,i see it with my own 2 eyes every time i go into such a persons house to work .Maybe you should start thinking how lucky you are that you live in a country that gives you disability/sickness/unemployment payments instead of moaning that the people that support you i.e the tax payer want the money managed in a more efficient way so that we don't have to keep paying more into a system that is riddled with fraud and misuse