View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 13:39   #4
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age
Re: Recommended Android apps

Note that some of the apps Wayfair listed are only available for 'rooted' phones.

You'll want to download your apps form the Market - the only official source of android apps. Also have a look at www.appbrain.com for a web gui of market contents.

For your specific issue, have a look at 'Missed Call' by Anno - it might offer the functionality you require.

As for general apps I use too many to start to recommend ones - it really depends on your requirements. The most frequent;y used apps on my phone are:

Twitter
Facebook
NewsRob - Sync with Google Reader
Record IT - Sky+ Remote Record (although Sky now do their own free version)
Subsonic Music Streamer - need to run the Subsonic server software to be of any use
Soccer Livescores - Up to date footy scores

Other useful apps may include:
TripAdvisor
IMDB

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

heck, if you really want a nosey, here's a list of everything on my phone at the moment. I am rooted so don't expect to get all of them on yours.

http://www.appbrain.com/user/smcgirr...-the-htc-magic
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote