View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 14:16   #7
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Disabled badge requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Very good point - if you can actually get to see somebody at your local CAB, they will be able to get it sorted much quicker than if you try and wade through the info yourself.

My mum has a disabled badge for her car, and she sounds nothing like as 'bad' as your relative, Zoombini - I've also advised Mrs Nugs dad to apply for one 'through' his doctor as, lets face it' these things were invented to (hopefully) make life easier for the elderly or infirm.
That's the idea behind them but it seems that these days you don't need a blue badge to park in disabled bays
All I can say is that if you or a member of your family needs a badge due to not being mobile or being unable to walk long distances without suffering unbearable pain then go for it. Our parents/ family members pay into the system all their working lives, they should at very least be able to go to the shops/ doctors/ hospital etc and be able to park close to their destination. Mobility is something we all take for granted until it's taken away from us
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote