View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:36   #30
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The Naylor Report... selling NHS assets ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post

It does but as OLD Boy told me earlier the private sector which most agencies are saves the NHS cash.!
Er, no, I didn't say that! I said the private sector was able to make a profit from running things more efficiently, and there is plenty of scope for that in the NHS.

The use of agency staff is itself inefficient when used to the extent that it is, and you can hardly blame the private sector for capitalising on that.

Instead of demonising the private sector, we should use it as appropriate where it is best to do so. It shouldn't matter whether any service is provided by the public or private sector, as long as it achieves value for money.

Unfortunately, the Labour Party has this ideological view that if people have to go on a waiting list to be treated by NHS doctors, then so be it, even though they could be treated more quickly if they used private sector provision. That's just nuts! As long as the patient isn't paying more for the privilege, why should it even matter?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote