View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 21:53   #224
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Should Virgin Media and Cable & Wireless Worldwide merge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Think you've missed the big opportunity Alan. VM should be buying SES, then they could reach 99% of the world's population and, at the same time, as owners of the transmission medium stick one in the eye of sky et el

Cheers
Grim
If any company would buy SES, that would be BSkyB or Canal+

Imagine though if they did, that would annoy Sky (and their allies) big time

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Why would Virgin Media want to take over Everything Everywhere? They might be better off just leasing the network and sit back and let Everything Everywhere do the work.

Also some people don't like NTL/Virgin Media as a company, some people can't stand the Virgin brand either, like me with Orange, if it was called Virgin Mobile, i'm sure many people will leave because I know for a fact the tariffs and pricing will just be high, Virgin Media are expensive in comparison with alternatives, I stick with them because getting the service was hassle free including moves and transfers and the service i'm getting is quite good. If you compare the amount people spend on BT,Sky and TalkTalk services, Virgin Media customers spend more on there services.

Virgin Media needs to lower its prices to compete well in the near future, currently, they rank the most expensive home phone service in the UK, and things like 100mb broadband are priced too high to the point where families would struggle to pay for this.

That's what it has to do to compete well, not acquire or merge with other companies.
I do not think that Virgin Media will lower their price, but I hope they will improve their service. Also are you suggesting Virgin Media should drop the "Virgin" brand and sell Virgin Mobile?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote