View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 04:27   #1878
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

CM Punk is destroyed in the first round of his debut. He's done, the questions have been answered, he can't defend a punch from the ground and he was absolutely dismantled on the ground game too. He stood absolutely no chance and this was against a 24 year old newcomer. There's far better fighters that would've left Punk's face in a mess in the same position there.

I don't see a single fight now that has a different outcome, 2 years in the making and its all gone. I'd be pretty surprised to see him fight again.

Personal notes, it was pretty disheartening to watch, he didn't even get a chance. A demolition job but still sad to watch. Took balls of steel to take a UFC fight as your first but you don't just become an ultimate fighter in two years vs people who have been trading punches since teenage years.

For those wondering how he got on and how it unfolded. He lunged in with a strike from the first bell, got taken down instantly and was pounded with big blows before being choked into submission. It was horrible watching 2 years of prep being squashed in minutes.

Hope he can get on good terms with WWE again one day and put this venture behind him. He isn't the first to take the gamble and come out looking far worse. Batista won his MMA debut but looked absolutely horrible against an overweight journeyman that rocked him and dropped him several times. Bobby Lashley is another former WWE star that has avoided the UFC, likely because his chin is akin to paper.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-09-2016 at 04:42.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote