View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:20   #980
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Taranis footage released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26052931
That must have been what I saw flying over the house one Saturday night last year. It was actually difficult to make out the shape although it was flying at about 5 or 600 feet but I could see the edge of the wing which gave me the impression it was a stealth something or other.
It didn't have normal navigation lights, just 4 red lights underneath the belly, it was these lights that first caught my attention, I though someone was letting fireworks off, it was beyond the Manchester Airport final approach path when I first saw the lights and I watched it cross the final approach path and keep coming until it flew right over me, planes were on their final approach just before and just after it crossed.
It was heading in the direction of Salmesbury so I assumed it was some new BAE military project which had been out on test. It reflected virtually no light from the street lights so determining the shape was impossible, without the 4 red lights it would have flown over me undetected especially as it made no sound, I would love to know what the propulsion system is.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote