View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33   #160
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Its not the fault of people like me who work in the public sector that pensions in the private sector are rubbish, perhaps people should be arguing for better private sector pensions the promoting arguments for a "race to the bottom"
I'm not saying that pensions in the private sector are rubbish, I have a fairly good pension plan.

But most importantly my pension is not underwritten by the treasury.

Quote:
My pension when due in the public sector will be the amazing sum of £7,500 a year when i retire thats at present before the new schemes kick in, and honestly i lay awake at night wondering how i am going to spend such an amazingly large sum of money.
Without knowing how much you pay in, how long you have been paying in and at what age you intend to retire it's impossible to comment.