View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 18:25   #10
Jurasik
Inactive

Jurasik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PC world muppets!

I have 2 stories about pc world.
1. A Friend of mine went there to get an all in one printer. He was sold a canon ( I cannot remember the model ). He used compatible ink cartridges ( I advised him not to, as they were more prone to clogging). Needless to say, after a while it clogged. So he took it back (6 months old, still under warranty) to get a replacement. He was asked if he had used compatibles, instead of the proper catridges. He told them he had. He was then promptly told that the use of compatibles was ILLEGAL & so was selling them. This was by the technician bloke, not the numpty sales staff. He came away with a printer that was in warranty but could not use. They just said to contact canon direct to arrange a warranty repair. When he did, the cost was more that the printer was worth. He bought a different printer, but still uses compatibles, not the proper cartridges.
2. I was also in the market for a printer. I did a lot of research online, in order to get the best mix of printer/cartridges cost balance. Once I had decided on the model, I went into PC world (I didn't buy online then) to get my shiny new printer. I did a bit of browsing whilst I was there & then headed to the printer area. I hovered over the different printers for literrally a minute, then, just as I was about to pick up the box, a salesman did the "can I help you sir?" bit. Being the polite person, I engaged the salesman in conversation, saying that I had looked at the different types & had selected this one. He agreed that it was a good buy & said to mention his name at the checkout. I didn't though, as I felt this was cheeky to give him the commission for a sale that he didn't make.

The morale of these stories are that PC world are a bunch of box shifters that couldn't give a rats **** to the customer, once you are out of the door.
Jurasik is offline   Reply With Quote