View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18   #24
goldoni
Inactive

goldoni has reached the bronze age
goldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze agegoldoni has reached the bronze age
Re: Free Criminal Record Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
No CRB checks in England are free, I've had 2 since January and every time I've had to pay, going onto the spent convictions most companies now are not accepting spent convictions, they are holding them against you. I was a bit of a boy back in the 80's you know the time when your hormones are all over the place, well I got into a bit of a scrape with the law, that is still on my record, potential employers are holding it against me.
My point was they CRC were free to me but both Barnardo’s and the Council had to pay to get the information. I was also given a copy of the original form which I will soon be able to wallpaper the smallest room as I now have quite a few proving my Good character.

Regarding spent convictions once they are spent they can’t be used by anybody or Company because The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 allows people to start with a clean slate, but there are exceptions to this general principle. For further information Link