View Single Post
Old 15-07-2008, 09:49   #2
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonglet View Post
Just logged on to my e-mail before i leave and now it seems e-bay is getting in on the profiling act (partner of phorm?)

Customising Your eBay Experience. We're rolling out programs and working with partners that help make our sites and services, and some of the ads you see on the web, more relevant and useful to you. Naturally, because we're a transparent community, we will provide you with choices about these programmes. You'll notice a new preference now available in My eBay -: named AdChoice -: that lets you tell us whether you want us to use the information we have about you to customize the ads you see. You'll be able to sign in and change your advertising preferences in My eBay at any time. In some cases, we may also use information from other companies to select the right audiences for our promotions. In the revised Privacy Policy, you'll see a new Marketing section that describes in more detail our collection and use of information for these and all our marketing programmes.

:S
The crafty sods. I've just logged-in to my ebay account and unticked all the AdChoice boxes.

This has made me think that even when the Phorm debacle is over (after we've won and they've gone bust, obviously!) there is going to be a continuing need for a thread/noticeboard/website (maybe a job for nodpi.org ?) that posts news of every website/organisation that tries to slip this sort of crap in under the radar.

I for one would check in once a week and spend 15 minutes turning off such "features" on every site I use that tries to foist this on it's customers...
lucevans is offline   Reply With Quote