View Single Post
Old 25-06-2017, 10:48   #254
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Don't curtains have to meet certain fire safety standards to make them resistant to easily catching fire?

Here though isn't so much that fires can start, that can happen, but that it never should have spread so fast in a tower block. They're meant to be designed in such a way that fires are contained within the flats themselves for a while because as we saw last week if they're not contained there is little that can be done to stop the towers becoming a death trap.

You can't have 72 people dying because of one fire in one flat. It's not meant to happen.

So serious questions need to be asked as to how and why and then measures taken to stop it happening again.
Yup I see both sides of the issue. But I read one guy was told he and his family would have to stay on inflatable beds for at least a month or two, in a sports centre. I can certainly see why some people are refusing to leave. Sadly, I see a court order being issued and they will be removed by force, if they continue to resist.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote