View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 19:52   #1542
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Game of Thrones illegal downloads spike. What else did they expect in the UK after doing a deal with Sky who keep the content from other platforms (even though it's not a series i'm interested in).

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201504103...#axzz3WvJX7RmI
The real problem is that Sky don't have back seasons as a permanent fixture. If they did, then people could catch up via Now TV before the new season started.

Quite frankly, Now TV is rubbish compared with the likes of Amazon. The big shows that Amazon buys from the studios, that are released as weekly episodes, also have all previous seasons and current season episodes available. Netflix is the same.

The fact that Sky can't do that with HBO shows, considering the amount that they paid, is tantamount to robbery by HBO or stupidity on behalf of Sky.

Personally, I think that because HBO make it so restrictive to gain access to their shows' back seasons at a reasonable cost, although I don't do it myself, they deserve all the illegal downloads that they get.

And the three month exclusive access to HBO Now via Apple products is pathetic; I'm sure it will lead to even more piracy. Not everyone worships at the alter of Apple! Two egotistical companies having a love-in