View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 22:18   #2008
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Unstoppable migration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Whatever way you want to look at it we cannot pretend there is a solution without investment. Even with no immigration we will have net population growth.

I suggest a combination of managing population growth and investment.

Management can be achieved by applying quotas to immigration, as well as limiting the amount of social security payments to large families to discourage constant breeding.

However we need some form of growth, and growth is natural anyway, so we have to also invest more in infrastructure so yes that means.

Housing
Roads
Schools
Hospitals
Police
Social Security
Other forms of public servers etc.

This is funded by growing GDP, and not irresponsibly cutting taxes just to keep a wealthy few happy, we probably should be increasing taxes right now not decreasing.

The barrier to this is the amount of people in the UK (probably a majority) who think society is not important and everyone should just look after themselves. As a result people dont like paying taxes.

The stuff I listed, was happening routinely throughout the 50s,60s and 70s before we had a shift of thinking from the 80s onwards.

The only way we could consider what we doing now as reasonable is to start killing people to avoid the growth.
Totally agree. The 80's was the turning point: Governments in the Uk and the US started telling people that greed is good. they also said that if you can get money, you should keep as much as you can. Me first, followed by Me second, and Me third and possibly forth.

If there is any left then maybe I will think about giving some to "charity".

We are in a Me first society and not a We first society. We should take some lessons from the Nordic Model although there are some things that do not seem appropriate.

Maybe we should start the cull with the immigrants?