View Single Post
Old 18-06-2012, 17:40   #27
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky to launch Mobile network? Not virtual network either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly Bear View Post
The rules of typical market saturation do not apply to mobile phones. Customers tend to upgrade every 18-24 months and start new contracts.

So 2 million customers sign up today, you effectively get the same 2 million customers again in 24 months. New phones/New deals means customers are always swapping networks. Sky will have a mobile network, you're just going to have accept it.

We were once told they would never match VM for BB speeds, they now can. We were told they will never match VM for VOD, they have. An they WILL have a mobile network.
Both of those are your opinions. They are not fact. VM has around 7,000 VOD items and sky has LESS than half that.

Also VMs top speed is 100Mb soon to be 120Mb, how can Sky match that just now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly Bear View Post
You do understand your opinions are just your opinions? You seem to live in a cuckoo land where what you think some how becomes fact.

I live in a VM area and have tripple play from Sky so do a lot of people round here. I xan't wait to get Sky mobile and I bet with 2 years it would be the second most popular network in the UK.
Pot.....Kettle

Also IF Sky were ever to get into the Mobile market it would take them a lot longer than two years to become the 5th most popular network never mind the 2nd.

As you mentioned to an other poster, that is just your opinion not fact at all.