View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 00:05   #6
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Openreach ultrafast rollout

Early days. They plan on doing 10 million premises passed by the end of 2020. Hunslet was I'm informed chosen in part due to how things turned out with my cabinet.

Originally we were to get nothing and a year of campaigning later BT agreed to roll out; a year later they had delivered, within 7 months of release the new DSLAM was full and it only took that long as it spent a lot of time with no capacity and needing line cards.

A second cabinet was delivered a few months later, and that was more than three-quarters filled.

The average BT DSLAM has less than 100 connections on it, we had a full 288 line DSLAM and another in the 193 - 240 range connected to the one cabinet. Over 80% of all lines connected to the cabinet were superfast compared to an uptake in the 30s% nationwide.

Then Virgin Media deployed to 10,000 premises in the Hunslet area, and are in the process of finishing up the final phase, my own estate, while eyeing up phase 2 of their Leeds programme. BT now have competition and, of course, want the customers back so ultrafast was the way to go.

They can roll it out relatively cheaply and extremely quickly. I'm too far from the cabinet for it to benefit me, but am hoping for either an FTTdp solution, fibre to the pit at the end of the road, or an FTTP solution. It'd be a relatively cheap and easy build as the properties are fully ducted.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote