Thread: TiVo TiVo performance.
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2012, 16:15   #21
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: TiVo performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Isn't part of that the delivery system? Won't it always be slightly slower to change the channel on cable? When I type in a channel number the box itself responds immediately by displaying the info bar for the new channel-it's just the picture that takes time to catch up, something I've always assumed was to do with what was happening between the box and the network rather than in the box itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I think it's a bit of both. With a satellite system it's just content down, where cable has a two way connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
So basically, with Sky you're already receiving the channel you're changing to, whilst with cable changing the channel involves the box sending an instruction for this to be done elsewhere?
Very interesting & something that I've not heard before. It doesn't explain the speed difference when browsing the TV Guide though.

Now that TiVo are starting to get there patents enforced and money from them rolling in I'd like to see them invest that improving the UI and optimising the menu systems.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote