View Single Post
Old 25-10-2007, 16:36   #120
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Just to add my experience from the past week:

I've had an intermittant fault on my broadband where it would just cut out for a few seconds, then come back. This went on for a couple of weeks before I phoned the support line on Saturday.

I'd expected some annoying response along the lines of "have you tried disabling your firewall?" but to my absolute surprise the lady I spoke to tried none of that. She had me make the token gesture of unplugging and reconnecting all the cables on the back of the modem, but basically just booked an engineer to come around. Also no issue refunding the call charge, she just did it.

What was an intermittant fault became a permanent fault, so I phoned back on Monday to ask if there was an appointment available sooner than the one I'd already arranged. There was, and the chap I spoke to just rearranged it with no hassle.

The engineer came yesterday morning, sometime between 10 and 10:30 and within 5 minutes or so had swapped out my old ntl:100 modem for a new Virgin 255 model. I was a bit suspicious when he said that it needed an hour to work it's way through Virgin's systems before it would work, but I left it and went to work. Got back from work, reset the router as the engineer had said I'd have to, and all sorted.

Not only did my broadband start working again, I'm also now getting the full 4Mb of the L package, rather than the 3Mb that the old modem was giving me.

So, happy customer here. Thank you Virgin.

mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote