View Single Post
Old 22-05-2013, 13:08   #56
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
re: The Xbox One Thread

Just to clear things up here.

Neither Microsoft or Sony have announced any block on pre-owned games.
Neither console has announced an always online requirement.
The Xbox tv system will likely pair up with both Sky and Virgin media, so essentially it would be just Sky Player/ VM player and be controlled via Kinect and so both players will integrate into the Xbox guide system.

The only second hand block on games was provided by EA games and THQ. Neither of these currently implement this system any more.

I feel like the Xbox is already light years ahead of the PS4. It's been aimed at all audiences and has been received really well. Examples being, TV system and OS of the Xbox One allows so many unique things aimed at family entertainment or as you seen, fantasy team and stuff like that. Xbox controller is clearly aimed at being similar to a Scuf controller which are must have controllers for fanboy's and competitive gamers alike and whilst it is just a controller I assure you it will be a huge selling point. So you have both the entertainment value and the hardcore gaming experience. Name isn't too bad when you consider it's an all in one console.

I'll buy both the PS4 and Xbox just to get a feel but I'm swinging Xbox already and I feel Sony could be in real trouble at E3 if all they have to offer are exclusives. But hey they haven't shown off the full console yet, they could always add a microwave to it in an attempt to compete. Sony got left behind with the PS3 and they're in serious trouble of getting left further behind this time. Before the sales argument comes in, yes Sony shipped about 3 million more units than the Xbox 360, that's great but that's just the console. Factor in Xbox live subscriptions, Kinect and Xbox exclusives then tally the numbers and it's a landslide in favour of Microsoft.

I neglected to mention the way Activision and EA are aligning themselves with Microsoft, that was visually clear at the reveal but it means Xbox will continue to receive Call of Duty content first and EA mentioned something exclusively for the Xbox, both parties released massive selling games last year.