View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 13:56   #15
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Riot police in stand off as illegal Catalonia independence vote begins

Is there any question that those in the region who're dead set against independence are being intimidated or prevented from taking part in this vote in order to prevent it happening? I haven't seen/heard any evidence of that. Of course they may well decide that voting legitimises something they consider illegitimate and refuse to take part and I'd fully understand that. Whatever calls for violence there have been by officials either side of the debate, it doesn't look much like those being responsible for it are the ones being beaten in the coverage so far but I'm certain it will happen. It'll be interesting to see what happens with whatever results are obtained from this vote. How anyone can have any confidence in the outcome is beyond me. Who's verifying anything? It's worse than Tower Hamlets. There'll be all sports of claims from one side and the other about undue influence, intimidation, etc. It's a complete mess and a very big one that's for sure. The hornet's nest has been stirring for many years and it won't go away any sooner.

Last edited by Osem; 01-10-2017 at 14:00.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote