View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 16:18   #7348
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Well competition for premier football rights certainly had that effect - not!

Since BT got involved you have to pay for BT sports and Sky Sports to get all the games - true there are now more games on tv, but to watch the top matches you need both

End result, having to pay more!

If Amazon (or any 3rd party) win some of the rights from Sky/BT this will only get worse.
No, it won't get worse if there is more competition. There have not been sufficient contenders to bring the price down yet, and price wise, Sky and BT are not the best combination!

The involvement of Amazon, Google and/or Twitter will make all the difference.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Still not free postage though is it really?

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

It isn't until 2019 at earliest.
I presume you are saying that you pay for delivery via the £79 subscription. Although that is true, I took out that subscription for the TV service, and I pay no more than I pay to Netflix, so as far as I am concerned, yes it's free. Whatever view you take on that, you must admit, it's pretty good value for money.

On your second point, are you sure that VM are not in negotiations with BT on this?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote