View Single Post
Old 20-06-2016, 20:20   #49
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Jo Cox MP has been murdered in West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Who I know has precisely nothing to do with the issue but what I do know is that people are being murdered every week
And unfortunately most times it's not national newsworth, but this is, and if you can't see or understand the reason why then you need to think a bit harder.

Quote:
and I didn't say it wasn't a terrible loss I said it's no bigger a loss than anyone else who's suffered a similar fate. Some of what we're seeing now is an absurd and increasingly opportunist overreaction
Similar fate? I say again, I bet there aren't many innocent people in the UK just going about their business that are gunned down by a total stranger in the street and then just for good measure stabbed several times.

Quote:
Since you seem to be fixated with Lee Rigby today, yes that was a tragedy too but tell me how many serving soldiers who've died appalling deaths at the hands of assorted global maniacs have ever got that sort of coverage? Didn't they deserve it?
Most soldiers die in battle in foreign lands not hacked to death on UK streets, any soldier killed in action is one too many but unfortunately the risk is inherent to the role.

Quote:
The coverage and aftermath of that appalling incident had far less to do with Rigby or concern for his family than it had to do with the nature of the event committed as it was in full view of the public.
Erm......you mean like Jo Cox was????

The parallels between Lee Rigby and Jo Cox are blindingly obvious, and I think I can say for certain that no posts on this site once suggested that the coverage Rigby's murder received was being blown out of proportion.

Quote:
Oddly enough I have a good deal more in common with the family than you might think and know all about the terrible loss losing a wife and mother of young children involves. In the real world most people who suffer such a fate just have to get on with it and get precious little help or recognition in the process. That's exactly what I had to do.
all people lose people I lost my father at a young age, it's not grief top trumps, yes we all get on with it, but I would scorn another's situation out of prejudice of anything that happened to me.