View Single Post
Old 20-06-2016, 14:27   #47
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Jo Cox MP has been murdered in West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Know many people that have been shot three times and then stabbed in the street by mad man.
Who I know has precisely nothing to do with the issue but what I do know is that people are being murdered every week, all too often by 'mad men/women' who can't get the required medical help and HMG has done sweet FA about it for years. Maybe you missed the bit where I pointed out it's a terrible tragedy but my point remains and I didn't say it wasn't a terrible loss I said it's no bigger a loss than anyone else who's suffered a similar fate. Some of what we're seeing now is an absurd and increasingly opportunist overreaction on the part of those who're supposed to be running the show. Since you seem to be fixated with Lee Rigby today, yes that was a tragedy too but tell me how many serving soldiers who've died appalling deaths at the hands of assorted global maniacs have ever got that sort of coverage? Didn't they deserve it? The coverage and aftermath of that appalling incident had far less to do with Rigby or concern for his family than it had to do with the nature of the event committed as it was in full view of the public.

Oddly enough I have a good deal more in common with the family than you might think and know all about the terrible loss losing a wife and mother of young children involves. In the real world most people who suffer such a fate just have to get on with it and get precious little help or recognition in the process. That's exactly what I had to do.

Last edited by Osem; 20-06-2016 at 14:45.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote