View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 00:57   #34
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: National pay rates may be scrapped for public workers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Why on earth should be pay the price and be under the welms of the rich and major businesses?
Nope, still don't understand, as it appears to be some wierd language

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think the government have caused a problem which will seriously damage the economy and is senseless.

What is the point of scrapping national pay rates, all over the country there are different rates due to the cost of living. In London the cost of living is three times higher than living in the north.

There will be a general strike over this, and l for one will seriously consider on strike with my fellow colleagues.

WHY do the government always pick on the public sector.

Does the the chancellor have a heart.
I think you have this the wrong way around.

At the moment a teacher for example, gets paid the same in Newcastle or Bedford, although the cost of living is far higher in Bedford. The government want to lower the pay in Newcastle to bring it in line with the cost of living there.

The only place where earnings are above the national level is in London with the London Waiting. And the fringe London Waiting in couties around London. However even this varies between different jobs at the moment.

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
That's just it, people in certain areas are effectively being paid more because their living costs are less. Public sector employees in certain areas are being very overpaid, compared to Private employees doing the same type of job. Is that fair?
And in other areas public sector workers are paid far less than private. But I bet they wouldn't increase their pay.