View Single Post
Old 26-09-2013, 13:44   #73
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: UK to be bankrupt by 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
We have a NHS run by pen pushers, who are ripping off the NHS with there high wages to themself, and yet the most important people the Drts and Nurses getting paid a pittance of a wage.
Actually, you are oversimplifying the problem there. For one thing, Doctors certainly are not paid a pittance, even compared to other careers that require similar levels of qualification. Regarding Nurses, some do an amazing job and do deserve a good salary. Others do naff all, and just sit their doing the minimum they can. Sorry my opinion of Nurses is a little harsh, but it was formed when I was doing accounts at my local hospital and was able to find evidence that some nurses were skimping slightly on portions for patient meals then giving the difference to themselves. Essentially stealing food from patients. The real villians, IMO, in the NHS are the private companies running the contracts. The system under which the NHS worked when I worked there was too open to abuse by the contractor, and the contractee (the NHS itself) was too restricted in the actions it could take when enforcing the contract. This leads me to my next point:
Quote:
Too many private companies thinking they can run it and fall flat on there backside.
Most private companies are perfectly capable of running hospitals. They just are unwilling (or unable, as they have to justify it to their shareholders) to spend the money required. This why they fall flat.

Quote:
Osborne has borrowed MORE money than any other chancellor in living memory. The most inmportant thing we need in this country is jobs for the work force.
I think you missed the end of one of those sentences.. Osbourne has borrowed more money than any other chancellor in living memory to pay the interest on the previous government's borrowings.
Quote:
We have the evil bedroom tax that idiot at no 10 wont axe, we have more food banks than ever before.
The bedroom thing is a double edged sword. While even I can see it's unfair to tax a little old lady or mother with a disabled child* because they have a bedroom they are not using, it's equally unfair that some councils have put tenants in 6 or 8 bedroom houses because they have more than two kids.

I think one way around it is for the government to actively encourage councils (or housing associations) to build more homes.

Quote:
If that idiot doesn't do anything soon, we wont have no power to give us utilities - why they wont spend money - instead of putting it there pockets - they claim they deserve money wages and expenses.
The trouble is, successive governments (on both sides) have failed to tackle big business, and, in fact, seem frightened of it.

*on a side note, does anyone find it odd that while the Daily Mirror will happily trot out stories about old ladies or single parents with disabled children being affected by the government's actions, they were silent when the previous Labour government made changes to the benefit system that made the whole claiming process much harder and more stressful on the very people the Daily Mirror is now accusing the Tories of victimising?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote