View Single Post
Old 18-08-2009, 15:08   #50
CAROLWHITIE

Re: disability living allowance

mmmm Interesting. Its like saying that all all MPs and crooked over their expenses swindle. Its just a catch all phrase! However I know for a fact that the DWP employs a points scheme for those doctors who kick more off DLA tend to get more work and more work equally higher fees...You work it out!

Statistics from the BMA show one of the highest rates of drunks in the professions belong to doctors. I AM CLAIMING THAT ONCE A DOCTOR HAS BEEN REDUCED TO Working FOR THE DWP, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY HE/SHE MUST BE A HOPELESS DRUNK OR DRUGGIE.

Its really is such a shame the people of this nation are so thick and complacent to have allowed the country to be reduced to it current mismanaged state where every is chaos and very little works...on your heads be it.

People should not have the grovel for their benefits and the system should be such that those who abuse it are punished to the extent that they will never try it again, and the punishment would serve as the REALLY warning to others.

What we need in this country, and believe me the situation is now desperate, is a government that can govern in the long term best interests of our nation. Britain has not had one of those for generations hence the state of the Union today.

Meanwhile sit back and keep watching as the vulnerable be kicked of the DLA they deserve and need, and take a butchers at this as its look like there will be no DLA for us to squabble over.

A reply from an MP RE DLA/AA-GREEN PAPER

Further to recent correspondence between us, following my enquiry on your behalf, I have now received the following information from the Office of the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.

"We want to provide high quality services that best support more disabled people; and particularly in the current economic climate, we all need the new system to be affordable and sustainable. As part of this we must consider the role of disability benefits in the context of the overall system of disability-related support.

We think there is a case for bringing some disability benefits and the new social care system together into a single system, as a better way of providing support through a new National Care Service.

We know that disability benefits are popular because they provide a universal entitlement which does not depend on where a person lives, they provide a cash budget which can be spent on the services someone wants, and people often use them to support lower-level needs that help them stay well for longer. These three aspects - a universal system that is consistent across the country, flexible methods of payment through personal budgets, and a focus on prevention and lower-level needs - will all be important components of the new care and support system.

It is important to note that this is a consultation exercise around options for long-term reform. No final decisions have been made yet, and it is vital that everyone has the opportunity to contribute to this important public debate. This consultation - the Big Care Debate - will run until 13 November 200

We will only make any changes to disability benefits if we are certain that by doing so we can better support the needs of older and disabled people. Whatever changes we make, we want to ensure that people receiving any of the relevant benefits at the time of reform would continue to receive an equivalent level of support and protection, under a new and better care and support system.

METHINKS IT TIME THIS COUNTRY WOKE UP, MPs ROB THE JAMPOT...YOU JUST GET THE STICK PAPER LABEL.