View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 17:13   #32
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Poor streaming downloading and uploading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
As far as I know only VM dns servers will give you VM akamai servers. Any non VM akamai servers are slow to me due to the not high quality of VMs transit links.
If VM run their own Akamai servers, then yes it'd make sense they are advertised by their local DNS; it's *almost* acceptable for them to be messing around with DNS resolution for servers/domains they control but not anyone else.

For Youtube for example, they should not be doing any buggering around with DNS results, they should return what the Youtube server returns verbatim. And for me, strangely enough that's what happens - Google DNS returns the same results as VM DNS if I look up www.youtube.com
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote