View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:42   #7
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Freeview without an aerial....possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
You *may* be able to get a Freeview signal with a portable aerial but, unless you have a reasonably clear view of Winter Hill from your bedroom, I'd suggest this is unlikely.

Instead, why not run a cable from the RF2 output of your Sky box up to your bedroom. This will allow you to watch the same Sky channel as your main TV or, if you have an external aerial connected to it, any of the terrestrial analogue channels. If this is a good aerial then you may be able to receive the Freeview channels too.
unless your Freeview receiver has a very sensitive tuner &/or your next to a transmitter it wont work. however with my Echostar T-101 FTA i can get all channels with an indoor antenna as it has a very sensitive tuner. the only problem for you is that they are no longer made so you'l have trouble finding one & you cant even buy them on eBay anyone.
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote