View Single Post
Old 21-12-2004, 23:39   #34
xcdtowg
Inactive

xcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to behold
Re: Why does my computer beep all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton

Back to the beeps, apart from windows login is there any other particular pattern to them. Also your computer should beep just before it starts windows, does it sound anything like that one ?
Also a beep on loading the login screen is a fairly common occurence especially with machines that either dont have sound cards or sound card drivers start late

Something I would recomend you doing though I head caution in doing so (read all warnings, follow instructions to the letter) is to update the bios. Since there has only been the one update and thats quite recent I doubt your running it. Original firmware can be quite buggy and not all fixes are documented.
A link to abits update site for your mobo - http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios.php?categories=1&model=212
Theres not really a pattern to the beeps, apart from it always does it when i load games, normally quite a few times, and the odd few while playing. But other times it seems random, nothing specific that i'm doing everytime. It beeps before it loads windows, the ordinary kind of beep, and then as its finished loading the login screen it beeps again and after that it could happen anytime, normally frightening the life out of me when i havnt got any music playing!

I've looked into updating my bios before, but i saw the recent update and was a bit wary about doing it. I might look into it again though.

Thanks alot for your help!

-Gem
xcdtowg is offline   Reply With Quote