View Single Post
Old 21-12-2004, 16:35   #32
xcdtowg
Inactive

xcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to behold
Re: Why does my computer beep all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone

silly question time - xcdtowg, is it possible you already have a hardware monitor running & it is that generating the beeps?
I have some sort of hardware monitor that came with my mobo, its uGuru when the ppl in the shop didnt put the fan in properly, the NB fan was red, as the motherboard didnt detect it, and thas what was causing the shut downs, but they are all green now, so i guess thats a good sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPhoenix
Intermittent beeps, short ones.... hmmm i would hazard a guess at a ps2 device, either the mouse or keyboard, might be shorting on specific movement (mouse) or keypress (keyboard)
well my mouse is a bit weird actually, the light on the mwheel flashes rapidly some of the time, and sometimes when i use the mwheel it does the beep thing. I just thought it was a coincidence though. I'll try changing the mouse to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks again!

-Gem
xcdtowg is offline   Reply With Quote