View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 12:59   #1958
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I believe they have those in the US as well. I think the issue here is that some posts have been filled multiple times now.

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Difference being they weren't in power.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

The fact they have not launched impeachment proceedings yet does not mean that they won't. We have not seen the full evidence. Impeaching a president is not something the US Authorities do lightly, nor should they. They need evidence, especially as if any president is impeached, there may well be further legal action after the impeachment, and possible criminal charges whether against the President or members of the administration.

I don't know if there was collusion. I suspect there was. There was certainly communication between Trump's team and Russians that the intelligence agencies maintain have links with the Russian government, the team themselves have admitted as much if the media is correct.

Assuming the communications were entirely legitimate, I feel the best way Trump can handle it is to do something he is unlikely to have done before. Be totally open and honest about it. That will certainly wrong foot the democrats and may even show up any conspiracy by them to invent collusion where it didn't exist.

Hell, if he did that, and it worked, he may well come out of it looking like a hero, and would probably have secured his chance to win the next election.
Yes, I know how impeachment proceedings work. It's a political process rather than a 'criminal' process. History could just repeat itself and Trump resigns, Pence is sworn in as 46th President and pardons Trump if any indictments are levied against him.

But we are way off, Trump has his base Republican supporters who could turn against Republican Senators, if they vote to impeach him.

Impeachment Articles have been raised in the House of Representatives, by two Democrats. But Trump has to lose support from his own party for those articles to pass and then it requires a further vote in the Senate. The whole process is meant to be complex and hard to pass, it is not for simply not liking a sitting President, or because people feel the wrong person was elected.