View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 17:10   #11162
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Just got my AA Gold membership in and it has went up in price quite a bit from £18.76 a month to £30.34. Membership includes Roadside £8.68, Relay £8.36 & Family cover £13.21 amount to be collected on 30/06/2016 is £30.34 then ongoing amount to be collected monthly thereafter £30.23 your renewal includes an increase in the rate of insurance premium tax from 6% to 9.5% which came into effect on 1st November 2015 so I phoned them and told them to cancel this cover after a few minutes of talking to Anne she said would you stay with us if I lowered the payments to £20.00 a month with the same cover as you have now and I said yes. Job well done as every penny counts hubby will be pleased
Well done.

I'd had only 2-3 claims in over 20 years of AA membership membership and as they did with you, they tried it on with a massive price hike 3-4 years ago. Suffice it to say that the whole thing was handled very badly and in the end I cancelled my membership. I subsequently negotiated virtually equivalent cover with my car insurance at no extra cost on my premiums. My insurers were evidently more keen to keep my business than the AA were so offered the cover for nothing.

PS I can see why weenie Jnr. is excited.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote