View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 16:36   #217
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I've been reading some interesting posts on Facebook from Premier Sports subscribers. It seems many pay to watch just NHL or NASCAR. With the NHL in lockout, subscribers are getting a little restless about the lack of live hockey action. Also my understanding is the NASCAR season comes to an end in a couple of weeks. One person asked:

"With just 3 races to go i have 2 questions #1 will nascar sprint cup be back in 2013 #2 what has premier got to offer us nascar only viewers in the off season to keep us with Premier Sports in December/January"

Premier Sports replied:

"News on this soon Paul. Very soon."

The reply from Premier Sports would suggest they don't currently have a long term deal in place with NASCAR. Maybe a chance for ESPN to jump in for the rights? Also unless the NHL lockout ends soon, American sports fans subscribing to Premier Sports face a real lack of action this Winter. I wonder if Premier Sports can retain their current sports rights if subscribers leave in their droves?
Premier Sports has a major problem as you say some only sub for the NHL.
I cannot see the lockout ending any time soon the earliest it could start if there was an agreement tomorrow would be December.The winter classic has also been cancelled which is a high light of the season played on 1St Jan . Many of the NHL stars are now playing in the Russian League (KHL), now if ESPN were smart they would get the rights to it, as the NHL and players are far away from a deal and some players will never return from Europe as they are making a good living there.
alwaysabear is online now   Reply With Quote