View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 14:43   #8
Intasun32
Inactive

Intasun32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If they put everyone on L onto 30Mbit, then those who didn't have a SuperHub would lose internet access
@BenMcr,

That's not what I was given to believe, I understood that older modems would just max out at whatever the speed modem could give. They would not lose internet access.

When they increased the speed from 2mb to 10mb the modems at that time were far lower spec than is in use now and there was no problem. Off the subject a bit but there is word that VM have under estimated the volume of new customers which has resulted in the many problems experienced after the increase in speed to SuperHub users. You only have to read the VM web site forum, as well as other forums to see all is not well.

Sky shot itself in the foot when it first ventured into BB, as I experienced. Too many customers, maybe because to many it was free, the system just could not take the strain. It was not even possible to open the Sky page to register. (I lasted 4 days and it took 13 months to get the marker removed from my line.) Consumers have long memories.

Re your suggestion, why should I have to move to the more expensive and unwanted package ''Essential Collection'' to get what others are getting for the same price as I am paying? If VM cannot supply 30mb to all customers on the base product then I fail to see how they can charge the full price of £22.50. If we both went into a shop and both bought a packet of the same biscuits for £1 and your packet had 1/3 less than mine would you not complain and ask why?

Intasun32 is offline   Reply With Quote