View Single Post
Old 30-11-2017, 13:19   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: VM are working on letting us keep our recordings + other titbits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I feel that all recordings will end up "on the cloud" at some point, with no local storage.

VOIP will mean a change of our home phone hardware I suppose, but what happens when the system or power is down and you need to make an emergency call?
I was hoping that we would be able to 'record' to the cloud sooner rather than later, and that this fact explained why the V6s were only available at a maximum of 1 TB.

It appears that this ruliing, while correct, may upset the applecart somewhat.

http://www.digitaltveurope.com/2017/...loud-dvr-case/

Maybe Sky and Virgin Media will commission future programmes on the basis that they will be available to their subscribers via the cloud for 18 months. That would do it!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote