Thread: General Local TV
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2014, 12:38   #45
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Local TV

I'm beginning to think that the smaller local TV stations will be pretty dire. They won't even be able to afford the test card and so they will probably just have some pimply prat reading boring local rubbish about the local ramblers' and WI activities over and over in an even more boring monotone voice....

Enough already, I'm bored just writing about it.

I think I'll stick with the regional news bulletins on the main channels! Clearly the people running these businesses have no idea at all if London Live are anything to go by.

Why could the Government not have made it a condition that the BBC will provide these channels with footage on local stories (they have to produce it anyway for their own shows), and the local channels can infill from there. They could have local personalities pontificating on the local issues of the day, local MPs on issues important to residents, stories on what local councils are doing with coverage (the highlights) of council meetings, with other programmes that all the local channels show filling in the gaps and drawing in the interest to make the channels profitable. It would still be boring, but maybe less mindnumbingly so.

They could have music video shows sponsored by the likes of HMV for example (they are still trading, aren't they?) film reviews/excerpts sponsored by cinemas, and so on. With a bit of imagination and not too much of a financial outlay, I would have thought it would be possible to have these TV stations attracting an audience.

But then again, maybe not

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote