View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 00:45   #5
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Superhub - slow wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbagley View Post
I've just done a scan and found a load of routers all operating on the same channel as mine - they're all 1, 6 or 11. I've set mine to 3, and decreased the speed to 54, but my ipad is still only getting 12ish on the speedtest/net app. Also, no other wireless devices are connected whilst doing the test and the iPad is an N device...
If there is a mixture of device speeds I guess the answer is to try each of the three (300,144,54) to discover which gives the best of what will have to be a compromise.

I do not have multiple devices to connect but from what I have read posted by others I believe that it should auto negotiate according to what is connected with the lowest determining the speed. ( I may be wrong and would welcome correction).

If the above paragraph is in fact true then auto would be best if the only device was an "n" but as soon as a "g" joined, it should negotiate down but how well and how quickly it might accomplish the task could only be seen by somebody with a mixture of devices.

My limited experience is that if the only devices are 54 "g", then locking is preferable because it tries when on auto to randomly use 300. 144 with detrimental effect.

Of the dozen or so that I can see around me most use channel 7 and the superhub in its wisdom also chooses 7.
Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote