View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 20:00   #4404
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Even looking away the feel and the thought of needles can make a grown man or woman agonize.
Osem Jnr # 2 always hated having blood tests etc. and it was truly horrendous having to hold him down whilst he struggled and screamed. As he grew older and got stronger it became almost impossible to hold him and we really dreaded the prospect every time it had to be done then something remarkable happened. I needed a number of blood tests before I had my surgery a couple of years ago and on one occasion we took him with us to the hospital. When I was called in I decided to ask if he could come in with me hoping he'd see me having it done and that would stop him being so scared. As it turned out, it was even better than that. After I had mine done, he wanted to have his blood taken and got quite upset when we had to tell him he couldn't have it done. The best part is that ever since that day, having a blood test is so much easier. He's 6ft 2" and a strong as an ox so there's no way anyone could hold him down now and to be honest it's an extremely painful thing for any parent to have to do.

Last edited by Osem; 07-07-2017 at 20:08.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote