View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 22:01   #5
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of
Re: Install let down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Today we had booked an upgrade from the 50mb service to the 100mb service as well as an extra TiVo box to be installed. This was due to happen between 1 and 6pm.

At around 2:15pm the engineer turned up and promptly started replacing the VMG300 for the Superhub. I asked him about the TiVo and he gave me a blank look. He said the 100mb install was all he was down for. I asked if it was possible a second engineer might turn up. He just nodded.

As soon as he left (the install only took 5 minutes) I phoned 150. According to their systems he was supposed to be installing both and both services were on the job sheet, apparently.

Voicemails and emails were left for area managers who would apparently phone me. At around 4:45pm I phoned 150 again. More emails and voicemails were left and also an email to the install team. I received a call from the install team at around 7pm. I was told the earliest date for the TiVo install was Tuesday, Not wanting to take more time off work I plumped for next Saturday (12th). I asked for tomorrow (5th) and was told that an area manager may phone me to arrange something sooner, but all they could do was apologise.

I'm a little unimpressed to be honest. I originally reported the problem 3.5 hours before the end of the install window and honestly thought I would have the box installed tonight. I would have been very happy with an install of tomorrow but I shall have to wait a further week now.

Just thought I would share that ramble with you all
you maybe should have phoned while he was there may have clarified it on the spot.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote