View Single Post
Old 19-07-2004, 00:09   #43
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Poor wireless connectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartbe
I have to say that my money is on the other wireless networks or 2.4ghz based equiptment causing problems. I have seen this many times on wireless networks. The main pc may be getting a clearer signal than the laptop. Have a look at the SNR ( signal to noise ratio ) reading on the site servay. Wireless networks will throttle down the speed if there is noise and will keep reducing it until ( sometimes ) the network goes completely. You could try going into the advanced wireless network properties and setting the " only connect to adhoc networks " option though I am sceptical that this will help. Try moving the laptop directly next to the other card/pc and see if the problems continues.

Its funny that you are having this problem becouse my father in-laws laptop is having exactly the same problem at the moment. Its not an intel wireless card but its a built-in one with the antenna around the screen like yours.

I have changed the channel around a few times but the other (3) wireless networks around us keep chnaging channel to. I suggest that you knock on next door as sugested and come to an agreement on the channel numbering. If you have your ssid withheld it may be that they are unaware that they are causing problems.

Hope that some of this helps.....
Im not so sure thats the problem, at least not in my case. Since its only the one card thats effected, if I use a different card in the laptop it works fine, though both Mini PCI cards I own have the same problem, the 802.11g is much worse than the 802.11b, the 11b only drops every couple of hours, the 11g drops every couple of mins.
Its only when I use a PCMCIA card that I get a clear signal.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote