View Single Post
Old 30-09-2012, 16:36   #12
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
re: Operation Yewtree

And accusing somebody whilst they are still alive, and are unable to disprove allegations is any better? Should we summarily dismiss all "he said, she said" types of allegations on that basis?

The papers are merely reporting what will be in a TV programme, so criticising them for it, is complete prejudiced and blinkered nonsense(no surprise there).

Some of the the initial allegations were made at the time and ignored or covered up.
Quote:
Mr Williams-Thomas was a child protection officer with Surrey Police and worked on the prosecution of pop impresario Jonathan King on charges of sex with underage boys.

Since leaving the police, he has become a consultant on child protection and fronted the ITV documentary To Catch A Paedophile.
He said: ‘Early last year I was asked by a contact if I was aware of allegations that had circulated for years about Savile and young girls and if I knew of an investigation into a complaint made to Surrey police in 2007.
‘When Savile died, I began an investigation and was put in contact with several women who alleged they had been abused by him.’
He was approached before Jimmy Savile died. The fact that the full investigation didn't start until after his death, seems to be more of a coincidence than anything else.

It is not just these women making accusations.
Quote:
The documentary also features damning contributions from former BBC production staff who reveal that the star’s predatory behaviour with girls as young as 12 was an open secret
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote