View Single Post
Old 22-02-2004, 22:30   #4
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Keeping your pc healthy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNA
For point numer 9. If i was to empty the temp folder, would this affect all the user accounts i have on XP or will it just affect mine?

The C:\Windows\temp is a general OS temp folder
C:\documents and settings\username\Local Settings\Temp is username specific and most likely to contain loads of temp files.
If you have access to the profiles of other users, C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE can be deleted to clear out their cache.
Check what size IE has set for your cache and decrease it. Mine by default was 1733MB!

Also check C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents as this is where Dr Watson dumps to.

Right click each profile folder to check how much space they are using

Also, set your start menu to "classic". It won't help with space, but it makes your computer look much better
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote