View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:15   #1
mactagg
Inactive

mactagg is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy No Internet Access and VM can't help :-(

Hello,

I spent hours on the phone to VM yesterday and am going out of my mind - each foreign person I spoke to made me go through the same half hour steps of turning on/off/resetting etc!! In the end they transferred to me to IT people that could log into my PC but i would have to pay them (seriously?), anyway by that point my phone battery died (landline, THATS how long i was on the phone!), so i thought id ask you friendly people for some advice...

Please note that i am a total newbie!

Okay internet died last Sunday and went through all the superhub checking steps but nothing worked so they sent me a new hub. Tried that yesterday and its still not working.

Errors coming up as troubleshooted by laptop (windows 7) and brand new Vaio and as discovered by VM as we went through various processes:

- router/connection/accesspoints problems (however router seems to be working fine from VM end and lights etc on and can be seen on my list of avail wireless connections)
- default gateway is unavailable - I can't even connect to the 192.168..... address so am not getting anything through atall
- wireless adapter - checked this and my laptop says all the drivers are up to date

I've tried it with an ethernet and that doesn't work.

I've tried connecting my old laptop to the hub and that doesn't work

Basically my laptop says the network or the internet is unavailable on the ipv4 address (have no idea what this means but VM were mainly interested in this ipv4 thing!) but still comes up with unidentified network rather than the SSID it actually is.

Any advice much appreciated, VM basically gave up and told me to go away :-( If you have any tips that i could do so that i can try them tonight when i go home and get back to you tomorrow that would be fab.

Am getting the shakes from lack of internet, plus the fact I'm paying through the teeth for highspeed net that im not getting....

mactagg is offline   Reply With Quote