View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 22:08   #41
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Riot police in stand off as illegal Catalonia independence vote begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Britain, the Commonwealth and the United Nations all deemed Rhodesia's UDI illegal, and economic sanctions, the first in the UN's history, were imposed on the breakaway colony. Amid near-complete international isolation, Rhodesia continued as an unrecognised state with the assistance of South Africa and Portugal.
Oh I see but look how that turned out for them. Is that what the Catalans want do you think - to be Europe's Zimbabwe? That'd be better than the status quo? Maybe the they'll consider Zimbabwe's plight at some point and decide that going it alone isn't such a good idea after all. Obviously I have no more idea than you about what's going to happen but I'm hoping those in positions of power on both sides are thinking this through because they're unleashing very powerful forces which can't easily be reversed and it could very easily adversely affect all of us within or without the EU.

Last edited by Osem; 01-10-2017 at 22:16.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote