Thread: UK Timeline The Great British Bake Off
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2016, 22:43   #8
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: BBC Bake off thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Am I the only one who couldn't give a toss?

I just can't figure out the appeal of baking cakes .........
I love baking!!!... but what do we learn about baking from this show? It doesn't teach how to do it and like you, watching a show watching other people bake is not entertainment in my book. Just sheer boredom.

The only reason it probably gets so many viewers, is, this show is as close to baking as most people will get these days, which is a great shame.

A lot of tv shows, British shows, are just nothingness reality junk. It all started with those BBC shows about the cruise ship, learning to drive and I forget the other one, in the 90's. First it was three, then five, then ten and now reality dominates our tv. At least celebrity chef shows are on the decline a bit.

Thank god for netflix and amazon.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's Mel and Sue's slightly smutty commentary that has made it so popular. It won't get nearly as many viewers on C4 without them.
I can't stand them. Zero talent, zero charisma.