Thread: 200M Poor WiFi coverage
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 17:52   #6
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Poor WiFi coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
Yes, we considered it, but way too disruptive, thanks.
Doesn't have to be, depending on exactly where your modem is.

The best option, if you can, is to run an ethernet cable (CAT 5e) up into your attic by the shortest route and place a router, with strong WiFi credentials, at the end of it. (It only requires a a hole in two ceilings.) The WiFi signal can then cascade down through the house, through thin ceilings rather than supporting walls, fridges etc.

I have a tiny FON router piggy-backed onto my system in the attic. (This gives me free access to BTFon and FON hotspots world-wide.) It gives a strong signal everywhere, including out in the street and in the back garden.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote