View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 20:10   #165
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack
Re: The Pirate Bay is blocked (Discuss but do not post detail of how to get round it)

The CF owners are just playing safe in a new area, surely. I can't blame them for that. Senior CF team members have all but said it's not exactly an ideal situation or something they support. I don't think it's unreasonable of them to ask us to just play it down a bit and not flag CF as somewhere where anyone can find info on how to get round the block, even if it's all out there elsewhere. Anyone wanting to bypass the block knows how to or can Google how to. I don't believe we can honestly feel like we're being censored - that's a bit extreme. Can't we just go along with this while everyone's a bit uncertain?
As for the ads - aren't they just Google keyword generated? Again, I think it's unfair to take the moral high ground and suggest CF is being a hypocrite by allowing them. If the admins think it's unsuitable, give them a chance to block the keywords. It's weekend, I'm sure Paul M has things he'd rather be doing.
I don't like any of this as much as anyone else, but shifting the REAL focus of the situtation onto CF and pretending it's all a massive deal that we can't talk about circumventing the VM block here, is a bit like blaming the car for running out of petrol. Everyone knows it's not the car's fault really, but it's the one thing you can vent your frustration at easily (however misplaced). Not entirely fair IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrosc View Post
Just noticed something that's a little funny, but can any virgin employee's who work on the block look away now :P
my mobile which is a virgin one can access the site perfectly fine
I could be wrong - and I'm sure someone will be at the starting traps waiting to correct me - but I was under the impression VM's mobile network was piggybacked onto another (T-Mobile/Orange?) so if/when they decide to block access on their network then the VM mobile platform will be blocked too I imagine. Interesting though. I wouldn't have thought it an oversight, more likely something beyond their immediate control.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote