View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 18:05   #161
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Pirate Bay is blocked (Discuss but do not post detail of how to get round it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post
I think its incredibly stupid not to allow talk of how to bypass the block if its not illegal, its not exactly going to annoy virgin either as I wasn't under the impression they particularly wanted to block it.
They didn't want to.

I'm no fan of the pirate bay or freeloading in general but I don't like the way this is going. The facts are a UK court has ordered UK ISP's to block access to a Swedish website that hosts no copyright infringing material. And now the owners of this site fear legal repercussions if they allow its users to discuss ways to bypass this block.

Visiting The Pirate Bay is not illegal, downloading copyright content is.

The Cable Forum ToS forbid linking to copyright material but I’ve seen many links to youtube on this site which contain copyright material.

Copyright infringement is bad but censorship is worse.