View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 11:28   #168
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
....but the BBC has a massive income and what do we get night after night on its tv channels, soap and reality mostly. There used to be decent sitcoms and dramas on the beeb, but not anymore and yet the BBC still complain about the amount of money they receive.
The BBC still do decent dramas (I like The Musketeers and Doctor Who for instance).. I don't think they do any decent sitcoms, but, tbh, I don't think any UK channel are doing decent sitcoms at the moment.

Regarding your statement about getting soap and reality night after night, the BBC don't actually have an reality shows (apart from The Voice and that zombie thing) on at the moment. Even looking at tonight's line up for BBC one, we have the National News, followed by the local news, then Inside Out (an investigative journalism program), then Eastenders. After EE, we have Panorama, followed by Crimewatch then the national and local news again. In fact, ignoring EE, the first non-factual programme on BBC one tonight is Waterloo Road, which starts at 5 to 11.

On BBC Two, we have mostly quiz programmes, apart from Top Gear, A Cook Abroad and Lets play darts for comic relief.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote