View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:16   #167
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The future for linear TV channels

I'm not sure that stands up to scrutiny. The BBC puts out a lot of original drama and comedy and, much as I dislike soap operas of all kinds, even I have to admit that 30 minutes of Eastenders most weeknights hardly qualifies as "mostly" what's on the BBC night after night. And which reality shows did you have in mind? IIRC the only show currently on the BBC that qualifies for that category is the daft zombie apocalypse gameshow currently running on Three.

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 ----------

Tony Hall is expected to announc today that the BBC accepts the days of the licence fee are numbered, and things must change. There is therefore now a new thread specifically for comments about the BBC and its funding, available here:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...cence-fee.html

Please make comments about the licence fee in the new thread, and not here, as it will save me having to move or delete them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote